Amandla facilitates the delivery of Counseling and Educational Services as a member of the Michigan State Housing Development Authority (MSHDA) Counseling Network. All counseling services are provided by MSHDA and/or HUD certified counselors are held in a confidential setting. Counseling and Educational services are provided in the following areas: Financial Capabilities, Budgeting, Mortgage and Property Tax Foreclosure Prevention, Pre-Purchase Counseling, Post-Purchase Counseling, Credit and Rental Counseling. Counseling and Educational Services are available to persons residing in the Detroit, Warren and Livonia MSA.
Amandla is a member of the Michigan State Housing Development Authority (MSHDA), Counseling Network. Group and individual counseling services are provided by MSHDA and/or HUD certified counselors.
- Due to the COVID -19 Virus, in person appointments, workshops and classes have been temporarily suspended. However, Counseling and Educational services are being offered remotely. Simply, complete the Service request form and download the appropriate service package and you will be contacted to schedule an appointment for you to speak with a member of the Counseling staff.
- The Step Forward Michigan program provides assistance to homeowners seeking Mortgage and Property Tax Foreclosure prevention. For more information “click” Here. Eligibility requirements for the program are as follows:
- Applicant must be the owner and reside in the home in which you are seeking assistance.
- Must have household Income.
- Must have resided in property during the tax period in which you are seeking assistance.
- If there is more than one owner of the home/property each person listed on the mortgage and/or deed must participate in the application process.
- Must have or have had an eligible hardship “click” Here to Step Forward Michigan website for more information.
In addition to completing the Step Forward Michigan Application, the following documents are required:
- Copy of Identification
- Copy of Social Security Card
- Verification of Income (check stubs, social security, pension, child support, food assistance, etc.)
- Copy of registered Property Deed
- Property Tax Bill
- Copy of Mortgage Statement, if applicable
Note: Additional documentation may be required.